Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Numbercaste

Author: Yudhanjaya Wijeratne
Avaliable: Amazon.com


The temperature in Chicago plummeted to -52 degrees Fahrenheit (including the wind-chill factor) for two days.  There were places in Antarctica warmer than Chicago during those two days.  Your exposed skin could freeze in 15 minutes in that type of weather.  Many work places including the Lincoln Park Zoo, The Art Institute, the Field Museum were closed.  Most people were trapped in their houses.  I finally caved in.  I brought my first Kindle book.  


I am not unhappy with my Kindle experience even though it is not as good as reading a physical book.  You can check an unknown (or a forgotten) word almost immediately by using the Google dictionary and that is an advantage Kindle has over physical books.  It also gives options to see either the page number (not the Kindle page number) or the percentage of the book read so far, or how many minutes left in this chapter or how many hours left to finish the book.


The reasons why I bought this books were the two glowing reviews written by Nilmanie Fernando and Nalendra Weerapitiya.  For those reasons, I am not going to describe the story.  Those who are interested in some details should dig up either Nilmanie’s or Nallendra’s review.


The author has clearly done his research.  He is mostly accurate with his facts and predictions.  I am not sure how the block-chain technology can be used to create a “number system”, but I do not have time or want to check the validly of that claim.  Let us just say, it is “believable”.  His presentation makes me wonder if the author has actually lived in Chicago, San Francisco, London, India and/or China.  If not, this is a major achievement.


Bravo Yudanjaya!


No comments:

Post a Comment